Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Irish Blessing

This may be a first for me...I'm reposting! There are so many new readers here, I figured with St. Patrick's day on our heels, this would be fun to see again.

Once upon a time, many years ago, instead of designing with paper, my creative medium was wood & paint. Cutting and painting wood in fun & whimsical shapes was all the rage! My decorative painting moniker was ‘Love Me Knots’ which included 4 books and oodles of pattern packets and pin kits.

Oddly, I do not have any of my wood creations displayed, they are all in storage. Recently, I went through them and found one I decided to hang in my home, just one piece to remind me of all those years of hard work.

I pass by my “Irish Blessing” plaque every day on my way out of the house to perform my many chauffeuring duties. One day I took it off the wall and brought it into my craft room. Cricut had a new cartridge, called ‘Wild Card’ that had a house shaped card and I thought it would be fun to try and transform my plaque into a card.

After a lot of experimentation I turned to one my favorite tools, Photoshop!
I scanned my plaque in, isolated the angel and clovers, changed the hue (to update the colors somewhat), added new text and created an easy digital element that I could print off. I stitched the sentiment to the die-cut house card and added a roof.



I had so much fun with it, I couldn’t stop. I created a super easy bookmark (you can print 8 of these per one 8 ½” x 11” sheet) and then used the just the clover to create a circle element for my “Green for a Day” card.

I’m not Irish, but I will celebrate anything that wishes me luck and blesses me with good neighbors (which I have by the way!).

If you do too, please feel free to
download these digital elements to create your own Irish paper creations! If you come up with something new, I would love to see them. Please email me with them so I can share them with everyone!




Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10