Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm back...

Well, ever so briefly!

Exactly one year ago I retired from my work in magazines. I look back fondly on an exciting and creative experience that started with Crafts magazine, sandwiched in a variety of other publications, visited Creating Keepsakes regularly, but really, in the end found my home with Paper Crafts Magazine.

So, why am I showing a copy of Creating Keepsakes? 'Cause I'm in it, of course! Maybe I'm back to my quick visits, or maybe one editorial call just caught my eye and seemed such a perfect fit.

Can you say die-cutting? I can! And I do, ALL the time.

So when CK was looking for a unique technique to show it off, I volunteered my Negative Silhouette technique. Here's a sweet and simple 'welcome to the neighborhood' card that could also be used a scrapbook page element.

You can read all about it in the May issue of Creating Keepsakes, or you can try to win that issue right now!

Leave a comment here and tell me if you're a scrapbooker, or not and why?

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Sweet! That card is oozing charm, Susan! I am a scrapbooker but more so a collector of scrapbooking things and a cardmaker. I wish I had better photography skills. That's the main reason why I don't scrapbook so much - the photos come out kinda blurry or just not focused on what or who I want :(

Rob'n'Mon said...

I'm not a scrapbooker because I don't really have a lot of pictures. I think that'll change when I have kids. :) I LOVE paper-crafting, though. Thanks for the inspiration, Sue!

LeAnn said...

Sue, I need this technique! If I don't win the mag, perhaps we can do it in an upcoming card class???

Heather said...

I'm not a scrapbooker, because I'm too busy making cards!

Heather Vincent said...

What an adorable card! I am a scrapbooker. I love to scrapbook and to catch all of my kids memories in a fun and often time consuming way. I have actually used A LOT of the ideas out of Creating Keepsakes magazine, but altered them to my liking. Scrapbooking is also way for me to unwind and relieve stress.
PS, I can't wait to see the technique in the magazine.

UtahJenny said...

Rock on!!! I just got my copy and started looking through it - very cute technique!

daffy said...

Im not a scrapbooker , to many rules . I am a paper crafter and altered artist and card maker. what photos i use I make copies of so that i can use whatever I want around them rusty metal, a magazine or newspaper scrap, A Found object or whatever suits me at the time
I love the project and it would be great for cards. or an alter art photo project or plaque.

Jayna said...

I am a scrapbooker because I want to leave my history for people to see when I am gone. I hardly ever get any pages done though.:)

Jen said...

I am a scrapbooker. Well, I used to be. Does it count if I still have the supplies and the desire but not the time?

Christie said...

No scrapbooking getting done here. I do cards -- that is, copy your cards. :)

Unknown said...

You really are so very talented! I think of myself as an artistic soul who scrapbooks, make cards, knits, sews, dabbles in paints and recently started on a dollhouse! I really believe that special and not so special moments should be scrapbooked and journalled and have nothing but praise for all the young moms who, in addition fo raising their family, also make the time to document the journey!

Chrissie said...

Hi Sue, yes, I am a scrapbooker and I'm a huge fan of my QK Silhouette, so I can't wait to give this project a try.

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10