Sunday, December 22, 2013

2103 Musical Countdown to Christmas: Instrument of Peace

On the 8th day of Christmas, I got so busy having Christmas fun with my Mother (who's in from Canada) that I forgot to post my daily song.  On the 9th day of Christmas, I made up for it with this beautiful original song that is
a contemporary rendering of St Francis of Asisi's prayer, "Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace".  Sung by a new favorite for me; The Canadian Tenors.


This is what it's all about...

Lyrics

Where there is hatred
Let me bring love
Where there is doubt
Let me bring faith

Where there is falsehood
Let me bring truth
Where there is pain
I'll comfort you

Where there is silence
Let me sing praise
Where there's despair
Let me bring hope

Where there is blindness
Let me bring sight
Where there is darkness
Let me bring light

And with these words I speak
Grant that I may not seek
To be heard but to hear
To be consoled but to console

Not to be seen but to see
To be loved but to love
For when we give love
We will receive

When we forgive love
We'll find reprieve
It is in dying
We'll be released

Make me an instrument of peace

0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10