Saturday, September 27, 2008

Harley chicks

Well, hardly. But we did enjoy some yummy sliders at the new trendy place to have lunch in Utah country, Marleys.

'We' is my card group. You'd think after 10+ years we could up with a jazzy-er name, but no, we're just...card group. 12 of us card-makers meet once a month at local restaurants for lunch, swap out our cards, oh... and ah... and catch up on a month's worth of news.

I really can't believe we've doing it for that long. It's the longest I've stuck to anything extracurricular. Wish I was that committed to my exercise!

So, here is my last-minute card (aren't they all?). I've committed (in this era of living on less) to find supplies for my cards from my stash. These cards started as card sets from Lasting impressions. I just cut out the center square, backed the inside with orange cs, die-cut (cricut) that cute flower, stamped sentiments and there ya go. Sorry ladies, I'll try harder next month, I promise!

Back to Marley's. Kind of cool. They call it the Harley-Davidson 'resort'. Besides the sliders, what makes this place really amazing is that 80% of this HUGE complex was made with reclaimed materials, mostly from the now defunct Geneva Steel company, just a short distance away. Yup, it's a Green building.

If you're ever on the I-15 corridor in UT, you need to stop for a little visit. Or a long one. Depends on how much of a Harley chick you are.

0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10