Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Book Thief & Goose Girl


One of the perks of a trip is the reading I get done on a long drive or flight. It's been a busy few months and I just haven't had the time to read like I normally do.

It was with great relish that I was able to finish 'the Book Thief' by Markus Szusak. My sister-in-law, Mary gave this to me this summer and I must say I enjoyed it very much, as much as you can enjoy a story about war, pain, death, misery, hope, tenderness, devotion, charity and love.

I'm going to resist telling you anything about the story, as I didn't know a thing and part of my enjoyment was allowing the story and the method of telling that story unfold.

So, my next book? The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale. My 12-year-old daughter just finished reading it (and is now on the sequel, Enna Burning) and begged me to read it (so she could talk to me about it). Hmmm, sounds familiar? It's how I read every single Harry Potter novel and ALL the Twilight books (Yes, I actually enjoyed reading a love story about Vampires and werewolves!).

I'm going to put my travel perk to good use again tomorrow and hopefully will have time to finish the Goose Girl before I get home. Book review to follow!

1 comments:

Alice said...

I liked the Book Thief (as you said, as much as you can like any book about such depressing subjects). Looking foward to your review of the Goose Girl - some of my recent favorites are Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and am currently working my way through all the Lincoln Rhyme mysteries from Jeffrey Deaver.

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10