Monday, December 1, 2008

2 reasons


I haven't blogged in SO long...

1. I love to cook, but I am still working on my organizational skills in the kitchen. I realize that no one wants to come and eat at a house with a stressed out hostess, so I spread the work out all week, preparing things in advance. In theory this makes sense, but in actuality, I felt very pooped out by Friday. Go figure!

19 people this year, 31 last...that makes for 50 people over 2 years. I don't know why, but I like the math. :)

By the way, WHY can't my husband take a NORMAL picture?


2. This ugly thing is the reason I haven't had access to my computer. I didn't get it until Friday.

It's odd, truly odd, how strange it felt to not have access to my computer. I had some separation anxiety, but it was also quite liberating. I found myself fantasizing about how much work I would get done if I didn't have a computer.

But then I did some more math. I spent 5 hours on the computer Friday night (yes, until 4am!!) doing some Christmas shopping. Not only would shopping the old-fashioned way taken me 10 times longer, I would most likely not even find some of the odd items on my family's wish lists.

Conclusion: I'm baaaaack!

P.S. I've got to run and help out a friend, but will post winners for blingies later today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

back! :)
sandee

Anonymous said...

geez....suppose to read welcome back!
sandee

Bonnie said...

I know when we went on vacation, I really didn't think I would last without access to a computer. Obviously, I lasted and enjoyed every second of it!! But I loved coming home to my good old computer--and really didn't skip a beat!!

kwgirl said...

I'm the friend she had to leave to help out...a HUGE thank you:)

The dinner looked totally yummy...loved the expression on Steve's face, reminds me of the face you get from a 3 year when they are told to eat something they don't like! (since I know you're an amazing cook that was obviously not the reason)
Glad you're back online!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10