Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An Angel to Watch over you


Festival of Trees is just a win-win event for everyone. Even if you're not in the market to bid on some of these amazing creations, you will certainly be inspired to go home and create a Christmas wonderland of your very own.

Not to mention scones...which I deliberately avoided because I'm still rolling around from the Pecan Pie at Thanksgiving!

It gives donors a chance to remember loved ones and all proceeds and I mean every last PENNY goes to Primary Children's hospital here in Salt Lake City.

I can attest to how wonderful a hosptial Primary's is because my youngest daughter spent several months there over several years and we were so impressed with the level of care, both physically and emotionally that we received. It's holds a special place in my heart.

So, when my friend, Heather asked for a little help with her donation, in memory of her Mother, Lila Smith, who died of Breast cancer, I knew I wanted to be a part of it (even in a very teeny tiny way!) I have donated a couple of trees in years past and know just how much work and money goes into this endeavor.

Heather did a wonderful job! You can click on the picture for a larger image. Her remarks on her Mother's memorial were so touching and I know her Mother is smiling up in heaven at the thought her daughter put into this.

These trees would make such an adorable Christmas scene for a girl's room. If you're anything like me, you'll be lucky to get just ONE tree up, but there are many people who literally decorate every room in the house and for them I am grateful because they make this event so successful.

















Thought I'd share just a smidgen of what the floor looked like! Oh my! What a beehive of Christmas activity!As an added note, PaperCrafts Magazine also contributed their own tree to the event and I was able to drop by just as they were putting the finishing touches on it.

All I can say is "WOW". It is a papercrafters DREAM! The tree is adorable with all it's lime green and bright red papercrafted ornaments, but just take a gander at all the papercrafting toys underneath!

What a perfect start to the holiday season. There is nothing like giving to feel the Christmas spirit. Hope you have found yours and if you haven't, go look for it!
Lovingly, Sue

3 comments:

kwgirl said...

I think it's great that I get to be the first person to add a comment.
I had a number of people help me with this tree. My friend Karen painted on porcelain the amazing ornament on the upper right of the collage. My friend Sarah donated all the vinyl for the the "An Angel to Watch Over Me" clear ornaments and also the tiles in front of the gorgeously framed James Christensen piece of art generously donated by the Repartee Gallery. Sandi donated money to help purchase whatever was needed and Linda made several of the angels. Sue donated her time to help me set up as by then I was fried! I couldn't have done it without the help of so many generous people! THANK YOU!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful tribute to friends!! and man, I wish I lived closer so I could bid on that beauty!!

Alice said...

oh, I'd love to be able to attend in person - the PaperCrafts tree looks amazing (of course!) but I loved all the goodies that they put under it :) Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10