Thursday, December 25, 2008

A rusty truck, 8 people and one wish




I'm not much of a Christmas card writer. It's terrible and I'm ashamed, really.

This year, however, we had some much needed family pictures taken (thanks Shauna!) and since I know my way around Photoshop, thought I could whip out an easy card and actually send them out.

Well, it started out good. I figured I would keep it small & simple and create small enough pictures to fit into a standard size envelope. The first thing my husband said was 'we're SO small"..."you need to make it bigger". Yeah, he was right. Our heads are about 1/4"!

That meant buying bigger envelopes, which I trusted to Steve, who got HUGE 6x9 envies...no way I'm printing a card that large. So...here it is, Christmas day and I still haven't sent any cards out.

So, what exactly is the Christmas-card-rule? How late can I send these without being embarrassed? If you know...leave me a comment!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas Susan! and I'm sure I don't know of any "too late" rule - so it's all good - mail them away and play dumb ....lol!!

kwgirl said...

It's NEVER too late. I always love hearing from friends and family and a picture is a bonus! What if you changed it from "Merry Christmas" to New Years Greetings or something like that?
Fabulous family picture BTW.

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you all! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! ---teri

Melissa said...

Your family is so beautiful Sue...love this shot....love rusty old trucks too :)
Hope you had a wonderful holiday.
Melissa

Pam said...

I LOVE THE CARD! I don't know of a "too late" rule but I would be happy to receive a card like that anytime!! Good job

Anonymous said...

You are all so color coordinated! I think you should send them out as a New Years card...that would be awesome!
sandee

Christie said...

It's never too late. I received a Christmas card from a friend on year on Valentine's Day. I was just as happy to receive it then as I would have in December!

Christie said...

Great pic of the fam, btw. I did not know your family was so big! Big families are great!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10