Saturday, January 17, 2009

One card 3 ways

Here's a super-easy slide card I designed for my Roberts class using a basic Oval shape. Don't you just love a card that uses so few pieces?



You'll need a

  • circle stamp (ranging from 1 5/8" to 2")
  • an 8" Oval shape (I cut mine with Cricut Expressions. You could, however, do the same thing with a manual oval cutter or just trace & trim.)
  • 9" x 1 1/4" strip of patterned paper (stripes work well and contrast nicely with all the curved lines.
  • 4 5/8" x 4" piece of neutral colored cardstock for the insert.
  • 2" circle punch
  • 2" circle in shadow mode with cricut Basic shapes cartridge.
  • 2 1/2" scalloped circle punch (or any other shape, like the sun shape I cut with my cricut Accent essentials cartridge)

Just fold each short end of the oval to meet in the center. Just eyeball it, it's easier. Wrap and adhere the strip around the card.

Stamp image and punch it out with 2" circle. Mat with 2" shadow shape. Adhere to scalloped circle with 3-D squares and adhere to center of card. Slide insert in place.

I enjoyed making this card so much, I decided to switch out colors to create different themed cards for my stash. I never have enough man-cards!


And don't forget to turn it around for another fun look!

0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10