Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy BELATED Birthday!


Technically Paper Crafts Magazine had her 5th birthday in January, so I'm just a wee bit late. Then again I couldn't find the premier issue in my stash. The earliest I could find was March 2004, so that works.



I still remember when Crafts magazine and Valerie Pingree (Founding Editor-in-chief) made the bold and inspiring decision to concentrate fully on paper crafts. It was an exciting time for all or us and we were thrilled to be part of a creative and fun new hobby.

Not too long ago I did some math. (Yeah, I try not to.) I figured that over the last 5 years, between my work with Paper Crafts Magazine, all it's special issues, on-line content, blogs, swaps, videos, tv segments, conventions, classes etc... I have created close to 1000 paper crafted projects.

Yikes! You would think I might be bored with something I've done so much of, but absolutely NOT. I am still SO energized when it comes to paper.



To help celebrate I'm doing a give-away...this time for 3 birthday cards I did for our PaperCrafting 3 ways special issue last year. Just leave a comment and BE SURE to check back next week. I still haven't heard from Alice, my last give-away winner, so Alice, if you're reading this, please email me with your home address so I can send you your goodies!

Here's to 5 great years for Paper Crafts and my passion for paper. Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Marisol said...

Happy Belated! Great cards! ;)

LeAnn said...

I can't believe all your hard work - and to think, I've read and seen them all! Congrats

cards4ever said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PC, I hope you have many more adhead. Keepit up with the cards.

Jennifer Davis said...

I love whenever Paper Crafts does the three levels of cards/projects. Often I find that my cards lack a finishing touch and looking at the examples always helps me identify what the missing elements are.

Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday to PaperCrafts, the best!

Alice said...

oh Sue - I TOTALLY remember that issue - and I still have the Feb 2004 issue in my stash as well...and I miss Valerie...I still remember the thrill of getting that first email from her asking for one of my projects! and I know I'm not the right "Alice", but hopefully the other Alice will turn up...I'd love to meet her...I've only ever met one other Alice under the age of 85 :)

Christie said...

Here's my comment. :)

kwgirl said...

It can't really be 5 years!
Cool card:) Does this count as a comment?

SAI Cool said...

Have beautiful late Belated birthday wishes for you

dealstoall .com said...

A Person can merely enjoy two occasions relating to him/her personally.
One, is Birthday - a day in a year.
Another, is Marriage Day - A Day in a Lifetime.
Both are most precious ones, which stay memorable for a long time.

I wish you a very very Happy Birthday to you and Birthday Wishes fill the life with joy and blessings.

Father's Day Projects

Contact Me

Cricut Keyboard Code

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

MyEyeQ | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates