Saturday, October 3, 2009

Santa came early...

Did you know...World Card Making Day was originally (and still is!) designed to also launch the holiday season of card & gift making. Really, this is a perfect time! Our gardens are sleeping, the kids are back in school and I'm hoping we all have a little more time on our hands to paper craft.

So, imagine my surprise when I receive ALL this in the mail yesterday, compliments of Santa's little helper, K & Company (thanks Megan!).





No secret I've always been a big fan of K & company and have created countless published paper crafted projects with their amazing line of paper supplies. This new Christmas line, Evergreen by Brenda Walton is no exception.



Beautifully crafted, Dickens-inspired, nostalgic icons topped with frosty glitter, elegant typography, glistening foil, die-cut designs and so much more! Truly, this collection is like opening a box of chocolates, with all the anticipation, but the delicious dilemma of which one do I eat first!



As I was taking pictures this morning, because literally I can't find images anywhere online (that's how NEW this is), I realized I just wasn't doing justice to the product. So I took a couple of close-ups of my favorites.



These are the Snow Globe Stickers. Yes, little squishy, dimensional snow globes. Adorable! I can't stop shaking them!



These Foil embossed stickers are like antiqued copper and just amazing. Can't wait to use them. In fact, that's just what I'm going to do! Stay tuned for a few cards made with some of my new supplies.

How about you? Would you like to get your hands on some of this? Well, I want to share! At first I was just going to have one winner, but decided it would be more fun to divide everything into smaller parcels, so several people can get a sampling of all this Christmas goodness.

Just leave a comment (of course!), tell me how you're celebrating WCMD today, I'll pick a winner tomorrow night!

As a side note...WHO is going to be my 70th follower? Can't wait to find out :)

20 comments:

Kim said...

I saw you yesterday as you were leaving the centerville store and i was going in. Didn't say hi though as we'd only met once. As for WCMD, I don't have any plans - have lots of other crafts I have to do today in prep for my dear daughter's wedding in December, and for scouts and my son's class.
Kim

Rob'n'Mon said...

I'm celebrating by drooling over your goodies...and pouting because I realized I never saw your sign-in book at last night's class. You really get into the holiday spirit early!

Kim said...

Beautiful line of K and Co.!!

JAL said...

I love all those goodies!! Will you plan a class around them?

I am working on a different craft today--testing a quilting pattern for a friend. AND, thinking about the Frankenstein bags I have in different stages of completion. I guess I need to get busy on them.

Susan Neal said...

Monica...I'll sign you and JoAnn up...no worries!

And Kim! I wish you would have said "hi!" That way we would have met twice!! :) Are you making your daughter's wedding cards? That counts!

kwgirl said...

I helped my niece put together your Envelopement class kit...does that count?
I need to get into Christmas mode as I'm a month late~K&K stuff has ALWAYS been my personal favorite. Thanks for sharing!
Wish I could be your 70th follower but I already signed up...more would be stalking:)

joelrandlisa said...

Wow love the shaker boxes. I was just trying to find an old example I had made on my own...Wanted to try it for Christmas cards.
Thanks for info on San Antonio heading there for my Birthday!!!
Lisa

Olsen Family said...

WOW! LOVE all the goodies!
I celebrated by getting organized - does that count? I mean, you can't make anything if you can't find anything!

Toby said...

OH WOW! Did I say WOW?? Totally crossing my fingers that my LSS gets this line in! Gorgeous!!

I am afraid all I have done today is blog hop. I believe I am coming down with a cold...ugh!

Janel W said...

Hi Sue!!!! For card making day I was making oodles of postcards for Girl Scout recruiting (still not done). I stopped by the Robert's Lady's night and got some more refills for my Xyron and a cute turtle stamp. I'll have to make something for my friend in Cali who loves turtles!
Janel

Patrice said...

Today I made a few Christmas cards using Copic Markers. They turned out pretty cute but not NEARLY as cute as the Envelopment cards I made in class! L.O.V.E those. :)

patrice

Queen Bee said...

I love that line especially the snowglobes. So cute! Of course you have cards made already - I don't know how you do it!

Beverly S. said...

I've been in and out of my studio today but have managed to make three cards. Everyone is asleep now so hoping to celebrate card making day a little more. :) That new K&Co. is beautiful!

syrant said...

sandi holt - Sorry I am missing your class this month-conflicts. I've be looking for ideas today. Love K and Co, too.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Sue
I'm celebrating by getting all of my projects together for a scrapbooking retreat this week in Ogden Canyon! I would LOVE to take some K & Co new Christmas line!
x
Lori

barbie_love said...

So cute and everything looks great can't wait for Christmas
Barbie

Jayna said...

I worked on some Thanksgiving cards yesterday for a card swap.

ytickrap said...

This Christmas Set makes me excited about Christmas and that's hard to do.

Sadie said...

I am sorry I am not making cards I was working for Ladies night out..whew glad thats over it was fun but busy, busy, busy. anyway love the new stuff cant wait to get some of my own. See you in november...

Elaine said...

i can't wait to find these items in my local stores!! :)

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10