Monday, November 15, 2010

Easiest Cookies EVER

I've decided that my problems with making cookies has more to do with my short attention span than actual baking skills.  "10 minutes on the timer?  Oh, I have time to make the bed, fold some laundry, answer a few emails"  ...no, actually, I don't and I won't from now on.
I have a long and sorted history with cookie disasters (the worst was breaking a co-workers tooth), so it was pretty funny when my husband handed me the easiest cookie recipe EVER and said "even you can make these".

He was right, although I must admit I still burned two sheets of these while I was multi-tasking.

So, here it is, as promised...a slightly tweaked recipe that even a 5 year old could make!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I box of Spice cake mix, 1 small can of Pumpkin, 1 cup of chocolate chips.

I added 1/2 cup water to the dough which made a lighter cookie.

Scoop dough on a cookie sheet (any size you wish) that has been sprayed with Pam. 

Fill a bowl half-way with cool water.  Dip the bottom of a cup into the water, tap off twice and flatten each cookie dough scoop.  Don't worry about excess water on dough or cookie sheet.  Because their isn't any fat in this recipe, the cookies will not flatten on their own, you need to help them along with this tip.

Cook in a 350 oven for approx. 12 minutes (but watch and DO NOT multi-task!).  Typically you can tell cookies are done when the edges brown, but again, because their isn't any fat you won't see that same browning, in fact, if you do, you've probably over cooked them.  Look for set edges (they will look dry).

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cream cheese Icing
I like a little icing or frosting on cookies so I came up with this version of a cream cheese icing.
1 pkg cream cheese (you can use light)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
Dash of kosher salt

Whip until fluffy. 

Option:  I chopped up Pecans and sprinkled them on the icing before it set.  Pretty and delicious!  Enjoy!


3 comments:

Kathy J said...

Looks good, I think I will try them today!

:Jayne said...

YUMMY!! I'm going to make these this weekend!!

Marta O. Smith said...

Sue, I have tagged you on my blog.

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10