Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life on Hold

Sometimes (and thankfully, rarely) a bomb gets dropped on your life.  "Bam!", everything you do that normally seems so important just disappears.  My sister's 3 1/2 year old son became critically ill between Christmas and the New Year. 

Burly, energetic and seemingly indestructable Benjamin was suddenly on death's door.  Having been through a similar experience with my youngest daughter many years ago, my heart & mind were living in Calgary and I just couldn't accomplish much at home, including keeping my blog up to date.

I solved this dilemma by just going there.  I know Angela & Perry appreciate my visit and help, but to be honest, there just wasn't a choice.  Sometimes, just doing something, anything, helps when you feel helpless.

The good news is Benjamin was moved out of ICU (after 3 weeks, 5 surgeries and many close calls) the day before I left.  He is recuperating but has a long road ahead of him and his family. 

For those of you who knew about this situation and shared your thoughts and prayers with our family, I want to thank you.  I believe there is something inherently and divinely powerful in that kind of connection, and it gave us all a measure of gratitude and peace.

0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10