Monday, September 12, 2011

What to do with all those tomatos on the vine?

Here's a repeat from last year.  I've had a few requests in class, because yes, we talk about food in class!

But a little update:  Since last year, I invested in a Vitamix Blender (for green smoothies).  I used it instead of an immersion blender for this recipe and wow, no straining necessary, it was smooth as silk in the vitamix.

I made this last night and it was a little acidic.  Weather affects the acidity level; last year they were perfect.  I think I should have added just a touch of sugar to combat that.  I have leftovers so I will try that today at lunch and let you know.

Instead of croutons, I made grilled cheese sandwiches on Rustic bread.  Yummy!


P.S.  I also noticed I don't mention salt.  HOW is that possible??  You have to add salt to bring out all those flavors.  I love, pepper, so I also add that to finish the bowl.

Original Post:

It's getting close, that moment when you have to get all your tomatoes out of the garden before it freezes. It hasn't frozen quite yet, but I knew I'd better start harvesting what was left. My favorite thing to do with all those vine ripe tomatoes at the end of the season is to make Roasted Tomato Soup.

I topped my soup with some fresh snipped basil and home-made garlic croutons. So perfect on cool, rainy day like today.

Enjoy & Happy Fall!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10