Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cricut Circle Club Projects: August

{Outline Rose Card using exclusive Sophie Cartridge}
In June I was invited to be a design team member at Cricut Circle Club magazine...to be honest, after many great years working with magazines I was prepared to say no.

But how could I?  This was Cricut afterall.  I hold Cricut and Photoshop as the the two greatest creative inspirations I have going!

So here I am, just finishing up my fourth month at Cricut Circle Magazine.  If you're already a member, maybe you've seen some of my projects.  If not, I've got permission to post them (3 months out) on my blog.

If you are interested in getting more information on how to join, please visit this page.  If you want to read more about it and get a sneak peek of the magazine, please visit the Cricut Blog. So many exciting perks for members!

Just one of them is getting four exclusive Cricut cartridges a year.  I used the Sophie cartridge to create this beautiful outline rose shape.  I played around with techniques with these shapes and ended up with one I love.  If you cut your outline from white cardstock and then lightly sponge black ink on it, it begins to look metallic, almost pewter.  In retrospect, I think if I had brushed on a light coating of glitter glue or glossy accents it would have been even better.  I also used ink on the red shape to give it more depth.

 A very simple card that any teacher would love to receive.  Easy enough that your children could make their own.

I used the apple shape from Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and the 'welcome' from Straight from the Nest
Cartridge.

I've been wanting to use the Graphically Speaking Cartidge more often and found the perfect opportunity with this assignment.  A thank you gift for your child's coach.  Fits nicely over a giant sized chocolate bar, but you could easily make this into a card of gift bag.

Hope you enjoyed these projects...will be posting new ones every month. 










Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10