Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cricut Imagine - Warm Winter Wishes


The 2 tools that have completely changed how I papercraft are the computer and the Cricut die-cutting machine.

So, I was a little reluctant to embrace the new Cricut Imagine that came out a couple of years ago.

I thought it might take some of the creativity of out it for me.

Now that I have one, thanks to my job with Cricut Circle Magazine, and have played with it, I realize that comparing the original Cricut to the Imagine is like comparing apples to oranges.

It's a completely different breed and I love it! 

Here's my first card I made with it.  It was published in the December issue of Cricut Circle Magazine.  The cut & print image is the tree with birds, it's from the "Enjoy the Seasons" cartridge.

I cut a a background from patterned paper (although with the Imagine you can print out your own matching patterned paper!).

I cut a snowscape from white cardstock and printed a sentiment on cardstock as well.

I could have used the Imagine to print out a card in one fell swoop and that is great when you're in a hurry.  But I love the little details that make me linger on a card.  For this card, I added some puffy paint to the tree branches and sprinkles them with my favorite glitter, Martha Stewart.

A quick & simple card!  Glad I thought to post this while it's still officially winter!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10