Monday, April 2, 2012

Cricut Imagine: Easy Card Set

Here was my second foray with the Cricut Imagine, a set of quick cards from the All Wrapped Up Imagine Cartridge, published in the February issue of Cricut Circle Magazine.


Frequently I get asked about the Cricut Imagine.  How I like it, how does it compare to the Cricut Expression, does it use a ton of ink? etc...   it may not be like apples and oranges, maybe more like lemon and limes.  Clearly similar, but really a very different approach to die-cutting.

The biggest advantage to the Cricut Imagine is how it cuts patterns and colors in the same shape.  For instance, if you look at the card above "with all my heart", I could cut out a similar "HEART", but would have to cut each letter out individually in each color and then piece them together to get the same effect.

By printing out your colors and patterns, you do get a different look and feel to your projects vs. using patterned paper and cardstock.
Personally, I like it.  It's a fun machine to play with.  There are lots of options to play with and change up how the patterns fall on any given cut.  Looking forward to being able to design with it on CCR (Cricut Craft Room). 


This particular assignment was supposed to be a quick and easy set of cards, taking advantage of how quickly one can turn out colorful cards with a touch of a button.  Simply layer and adhere.  Not to say you couldn't create something complex and artsy with it...one day!

As for ink, I've printed out quite a bit and there is still plenty of ink left, surprisingly.

The machine is quite large, so if you're short on room, this could be a challenge.  Right now, I have mine tucked under part of my desk.  I bring it up when I use it.  One day, I'll have something custom made for all my die-cutting toys.

Lastly, what I am happy to see is a really nice library of cartridges with some beautiful images, check them out and see if any of them inspire you to invest in the Cricut Imagine.


Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10