Wednesday, July 11, 2012

House die-cut Contest - Entries & Winners!

I'm sorry this was delayed.  Returned from our camping trip to a dead monitor.  Fortunately, I bought it at Costco last December and was able to return it no problem.  Got to love Costco!

I want to thank everyone who took the time to enter my little contest.  I hope, even if you didn't win, that you enjoyed the creative challenge.  Know that we all will enjoy seeing what you've done with our little House die-cut. You've really shown us creative possibilities!

Let's start with our winners!  And let me just say these were not judged by me, but by independant card-makers looking for composition, execution and creativity.  Personally, I really enjoyed each entry and am inspired...hope you will be to!


Grand Prize Winner: Sandra Carrigan (Clinton, UT) for her House Album Card.  Sandra created a little wooden door with a mesh insert, little bits of lace and trim, cute die-cuts and lots of room for pictures and journaling.






2nd prize winner: Debra Gardner (American Fork, UT) for her clever gate fold card.  A velcro piece keeps the card closed, the inside reveals a darling paper pieced house and sentiment. 



3rd prize winner: Debra Wertz (Clinton, UT) for her Beach house card.
The texture on the beach house in incredible and I know took a lot of thought and time. 

To remind you about the great prizes our winners will receive please visit this post.



Here are the rest of the entries!  All of whom will receive a little gift bag for the time they took to participate in the contest.

Gwen Lords (South Jordan, UT) made this sweet Welcome to the Neighborhood card.  I love how the light shines through the windows and the grass strip at the bottom.

Barbara Poulsen got me in the Halloween mood early with this perfect adaption for a house die-cut.  Lots of distressing, glitter and dimension really brought this card to life.

I love how Ronda Bateman used the rectangle patterns on her patterned paper to give shape to her house.









Sandra Bosh submitted this adorable card. Great bold colors and shapes and how the sentiment ties in with her background paper.


Judy Verbeck went all-out with this incredibly detailed card.  You almost need to touch this card to appreciate it properly.  Everything is so tactile and dimensional.  Snowy landscape, handing icicles, and christmas lights make this this a very special card.

This beautiful card is by Gaylene Godfrey.  I love all the feminine details, from pearls and lace to pretty paper.  I think the free form stitching really adds a lot to the card as well.


Debra Wertz was feeling particularly creative for this contest (she actually won my last creative card contest).  I love this creative use of a house shape, all the little details and Debra's hand drawn elements really make this card unique.
Thanks again for all your hard work, I hope you had fun and enjoyed the challenge! 

1 comments:

mE said...

Hey lady! I just registered for the Orem class on Aug 2nd. So excited!

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10