Original post: February 2010
Really...for a card maker and cook, these hand-made & dipped fortune cookies are just the trick...it's like a card in a cookie. Please watch the video below for some handy tips and tricks. Please visit the studio 5 website for recipe and complete instructions.
Cookie + sentiment = fun! I can't stop thinking of new variations! How about you?
- Cinnamon scented plain batter, dipped in white chocolate and cinnamon sugar
- Chili scented batter, dipped in chili chocolate with red sprinkles (hot & spicy)
- Wedding & baby favors: coordinate colors with extract, message would be 'thank you for joining us on this special day'
- Christmas - red dyed batter, mint extract, dipped in white chocolate and green drizzle or sprinkles.
- Birthday - Plain dipped in dyed white chocolate, with multi-colored sprinkles.
For more details, please visit the Studio 5 website for my article, which includes the link to the YouTube proposal video.
If you caught that cute altered chinese take-out box, I have some simple step by step instructions you can find here.
Sneak-peek results: This was not only hard to guess, but also hard to 'picturize'! Everyone got the cookies, but no one really got the high tech valentines, except for texting of course. So, I just did a random number generator and got number 12!