Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Q's Creative Cards & More: Red, White & YOU!

Sorry, this kit is sold out.

On December 7th, 2000, I became a US citizen. It was a special day for me.  

I will always treasure my Canadianism, but growing up with the cultures of my immigrant parents (Austrian & German), as well as the unique French culture of Quebec, I never felt quite at home.

I can still remember my first flight into Salt Lake City. Those mountains!  Lump in my throat, I just felt like I was home and this was years before I actually moved here.  Maybe it's because my husband is American and I've adopted his family's love of country, but regardless, I really do love the Red, White & Blue.  Everything 4th of July screams summer to me...I can smell the Bar-b-ques, taste the watermelon, feel the warmth!

Instead of creating specific holiday projects, I've borrowed from it's colors & icons to design a celebratory kit that can go so many ways...birthdays, celebrations, parties etc...  3 cards, 2 gift bags (think party favors or hostess gift) and my favorite, a functional pinwheel! 

I can still remember my Mother buying me those inexpensive plastic pinwheels from the grocery store and holding them out the window on the way home, thrilling at the sound and speed of it.  This whole kit makes me feel like a kid again and that is a good thing!

Please join me in class in Utah (schedule below) or I'll mail the kit to you to make at home with my easy to follow photo slideshow.  Kits start shipping Monday, June 20th!  Please add shipping from the drop-down menu if you want it mailed.  Otherwise I will bring to class.

What you'll need: 


Adhesives:  Roller-type adhesive for putting cards together.  

Foam squares, THIN foam squares, 1/2" foam roll.

1/8" tacky tape (or similar product)
Glue dots (Micro and Mini). Scotch tape.

Tools & Supplies:
Scissors (long & fine-tipped)

Small Pair of Pliers
Small 1/8" piercer tool (picture below) or something similar to wrap 'firecrackers' around.








regular Paper Piercer
Brushed Corduroy Distress ink & Sponge

Craft Mat
Large lid or small container to place small items from kit

If you have any questions, please let me know.
...and would love if you posted these pictures to Pinterest!
 







Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10