Sunday, March 7, 2010

Can you scrap-lift yourself?

Part of the deal-ee-o of designing for a magazine like Paper Crafts Magazine is coming up with completely original designs (it's in the contract!) I learned to love that creative process and continue to employ it with my work on Studio 5 and when I design my classes. However...

I find it amusing that for the first time this last month I copied. Myself.

Part of why I'm blogging about this is because I want you to see how fun and easy it is to change up just a few things about a card to get a completely new look. So don't forget to think of the cards we make in class as templates for your own, slightly different creations. In fact, I would love to see what you've come up with (just email them to me if you have the time to scan or photograph them).

Both of these cards are also great examples of using the scraps you've been saving. If you're interested in learning more you can re-visit this blog post, when I did a segment on Studio 5 on using scraps last November.


0 comments:

Q's Creative Card Classes's Fan Box

Contact Me

Favorite Quote

"The art of being
HAPPY lies in the
POWER of extracting
happiness from
COMMON things."
~Henry Ward Beecher

Subjects

 

Q's Creative Card Making Kits | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

01 09 10